Saturday, October 18, 2008

Reflections II: "I Am" by Leona Lo



"I had attended the "I Am - Motivational Talk” by Ms Leona Lo at PPC on 11 Oct 08 with my daughter. Beside giving us the information on Transsexual issue, she also gave us the opportunity to ask her questions during the Q&A session. Even my daughter also listening to her talk as it was quite interesting and she also mentioned about her past events. She brought books which are interesting too. Ms Leona said something about IPL which she did was cost about $100 only but as many people were talking to her after her Talk, I got no chance to find out more information on where she had done her IPL. I intend to email her and ask her about it and hope that she will reply me (as I know she is very busy) and let me know the information so that I can post in Sgbutterfly website to share this information. Cheers. "

by Fanny Ler - hyperlinked to - http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20080908-86462.html

1 comment:

T said...

This was a great session and my only regret is that more people didn't attend. Leona has a great personality and was very candid, happily talking about her life and answering all sorts of questions from where to get IPL done to how she got picked on by a bouncer at the Pump Room.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see 2 mothers there: one who brought her young daughter along as a horizon broadener, and another who came on behalf of her 19-year-old son who was thinking of transitioning.

It was also great that there were at least 2 others in the audience who contributed openly about their own transitioning experiences... all of which made for a very eye-opening and thought-provoking session.

Looking forward to more across a range of other issues. And whoever missed this shouldn't miss the next!